A recipe impressed by the favored store-bought candy kale salad equipment! It’s made with kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli slaw, dried cranberries, pepitas, optionally available goat cheese and tossed with a scrumptious poppy seed yogurt dressing and makes for the right aspect dish whether or not or not it’s for a weeknight dinner or particular vacation meal.
This Candy Kale Salad is hearty, scrumptious and really a should strive.
I’m an enormous fan of the Candy Kale Salad Kits which can be discovered at shops like Costco, Aldi, Dealer Joe’s and most mainstream grocery shops. They’re scrumptious and make the right aspect to actually any meal (like our Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs), anytime of the yr. And whereas I like the comfort of the kits you should purchase, I set out on a mission to create an choice that was made with actual meals, better-for-you substances. Don’t get me flawed, I’ll nonetheless attain for the comfort choice from time-to-time however I do choose cooking from scratch and with actual meals substances (therefore the title of this weblog).
Not solely is it higher in your well being but additionally higher in your funds. Cooking from scratch is nearly at all times the extra budget-friendly choice. Now I did add one ingredient that isn’t usually discovered within the store-bought Candy Kale Salad kits which is goat cheese. So whereas this ingredient is completely optionally available, I actually do love the flavour and creaminess it provides to the salad.
This submit could include affiliate hyperlinks that gained’t change your value however will share some fee.
Substances on this DIY Candy Kale Salad Equipment
For the poppy seed yogurt dressing:
- Plain Greek yogurt – I virtually at all times use full fats greek yogurt however should you’d like a lesser fats choice, you possibly can go along with 2%.
- Mayo – I like Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo. For an egg-free choice use a vegan mayo or sub further yogurt.
- Apple cider vinegar – could sub white wine or pink wine vinegar
- Honey – could sub maple syrup
- Orange juice and zest
- Lemon juice and zest
- Poppy seeds
- Sea salt
- Onion powder
For the salad:
- Kale – stems eliminated and chopped into small items
- Broccoli slaw – could sub shredded cabbage
- Shredded Brussels sprouts
- Dried cranberries – could sub dried raisins or blueberries. I like these dried cranberries as a result of they’re sweetened with apple juice and as a substitute of sugar.
- Pumpkin seeds – could sub sunflower seed or almonds
- Inexperienced onion
- Goat cheese crumbles – optionally available
For 10% off of all Primal Kitchen merchandise use code: REALFOODRDS
Shop Thrive Market to get the very best costs on pure, natural, and specialty meals. PLUS get a free present while you sign-up!
Methods to make Candy Kale Salad
Whisk, chop and toss your solution to this scrumptious Candy Kale Salad.
- Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the dressing substances. Put aside.
- Step 2: Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan over medium low warmth tossing usually for about 5-7 minutes or till the seeds give off a toasted odor.
- Step 3: In a big bowl, mix the salad substances. Simply earlier than serving, pour the dressing over the substances and toss gently to mix.
- Step 4: Prime with further cranberries, pumpkin seeds, inexperienced onion and optionally available goat cheese crumbles.
Methods to retailer Candy Kale Salad leftovers
IF you’ve any leftovers you possibly can retailer the salad in a glass storage container for as much as 2 days. Any longer and the kale will turn into slightly too soggy to get pleasure from. I prefer to serve the leftover Candy Kale Salad with sliced rooster, steak or salmon to get pleasure from as a subsequent days lunch. So satisfying and extremely tasty!
Methods to prep forward Candy Kale Salad
You’ll be able to completely prep this salad forward by caring for a couple of of the duties a day or two earlier than you intend to serve the salad. If serving this as a part of a Vacation meal or big day, I prefer to prep as a lot as I can forward in order that it’s fast to place collectively when it’s getting near dinner time. Right here’s what you possibly can deal with the day or two earlier than you intend to serve the salad:
- Make the dressing and retailer in a small glass storage container or mason jar within the fridge.
- Chop the entire veggies and retailer them collectively, in a big bowl or container, lined within the fridge.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds and retailer in an storage container, zip high bag or stasher bag.
Now all it’s a must to do is mix the entire substances in a serving bowl, toss it with the dressing and it’s able to serve.
Different kale salad recipes you’ll love
- ½ cup greek yogurt (2% or full fats)
- 2 Tbsp. mayo (could sub further yogurt)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- ½ small orange, juice of (2 T) + ½ tsp. orange zest
- ½ lemon juice of (2 T) + ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively the dressing substances. Put aside.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a pan over medium low warmth tossing usually for about 5-7 minutes or till the seeds give off a toasted odor.
- In a big bowl, mix the salad substances. Pour the dressing over the substances and toss gently to mix.
- Prime with further cranberries, pumpkin seeds, inexperienced onion and optionally available goat cheese crumbles.
- Serving Dimension: 1/8 of recipe
- Energy: 205
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 295 mg
- Fats: 11 g
- Saturated Fats: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g
Pin now, make later!
All pictures and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our pictures with out prior written permission. When you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to the supply recipe right here on The Actual Meals Dietitians. Thanks!
Photograph Credit score: The pictures on this weblog submit have been taken by Jess of Plays Well with Butter.